When it comes to website development for small businesses, it is extremely important to make sure that your site and any other online content is clearly branded. Before you start building your WordPress website and online presence, you need to sit down and think about your brand, what you are trying to convey, and how you are going to do that. WordPress theme selection is one of the best ways to make sure that your website is branded how you want it to be, as different themes are able to convey different meanings.
What Is Meant By Branding?
Branding – especially in a digital sense – is about building and developing your brand so that your website visitors and customers have a clear sense of who you are and what your vision is. Branding can be done in a variety of ways, including:
- Your WordPress theme selection, which can contribute to the overall impression that people get when they visit your website for the first time.
- Your website design, which is very important to complement and add to your theme.
- Your content and writing style, which can create subliminal messages in the mind’s of your readers, causing you and your business to appear in a certain way.
When branding your online content, it is important to remain consistent across platforms. For example, you need to make sure that you use the same logo and design scheme across both your website and your social media pages.
Why Is Branding Important?
Branding is essential to make your website stand out above your competitors. If you don’t have a clear brand, your website viewers may become confused when they are browsing your site, and this can lead to them leaving and heading to a different website. Make sure that your content and themes are consistent throughout your online presence, especially if you have more than one website.
How Can My WordPress Theme Contribute To My Branding?
Your WordPress theme is an extremely important thing to think about when building your website. It will contribute to the overall design and style of your site, and will therefore help brand your business in a clear way. Some of the things to consider when choosing a WordPress theme to make sure that it complements your brand include:
- Its complexity. When building your website, test out different themes and consider how complex or simple they appear, and how this works with your brand. Often, simpler themes are better, as they can be easier to work with, especially for first-time web developers.
- Its style. Different themes have different styles. Try and choose one which works well with your content and with the type of content that you have.
- What it is designed for. Different themes are designed with different uses in mind, which means that you should always think carefully about what the overall aim of your website is, and choose your theme accordingly.
As you can see, it is extremely important to choose the right theme for your WordPress website. If you don’t, you may find that you don’t really have a clearly branded site, which can cause business to suffer and visitor numbers to remain low. If you aren’t sure how to choose the right theme for your business, then consider speaking with a WordPress web development professional.