When it comes to creating the perfect WordPress website or blog, there are two key things that you have to master if you want to be successful. The first of these is content. You need to have high-quality content which interests people, otherwise there won’t be any reason for people to visit your website.
The second thing that you have to master is audience engagement. If you can somehow build a little community of people who regularly comment on your posts and articles, and who are likely to share your content on social media, then you will be well on the way towards website success. With this in mind, there are a number of different comment plugins that you can add to your WordPress website. Most of these are free, and can be set up very easily. Consider the pros and cons of the following, and add at least one to your own website:
Disqus is one of the most widely used comment plugins in the world. One of the best things about it is that it isn’t limited to WordPress. It runs on its own platform, which is a little like a social media platform, and lets people connect and engage with each other across a range of websites and blogs, especially if they have a few in common.
– Disqus is free to set up and very easy to use, making it perfect for people who aren’t very tech savvy.
– Disqus allows you to include things like pictures and videos in your comments.
– Email replies and notifications are possible, and even encouraged.
– Disqus acts like a social media platform in some ways, and this might put some people off.
– You have to sign into your account before you can comment with disqus, which puts a lot of people off.
– Privacy isn’t a major plus when it comes to Disqus.
Facebook comments can be added onto any website or blog post, and functions pretty much as if your content was a Facebook past. It allows other users to comment on and “like” your post.
– Facebook comments is simple and easy to use.
– It allows fast and easy sharing to social media.
– One-click logins are possible.
– You have to login.
– It can be hard to set up.
– It doesn’t always look great.
Believe it or not, you actually don’t need a plugin to let people start commenting on your posts. WordPress actually comes with its own built-in comments system, which allows people to add comments on any of your pages that you enable it on.
– It is very easy to set up.
– No installation required.
– It allows user anonymity
– It is very simple.
– You can’t add pictures or videos to your comments.
– Users won’t receive notifications if their comment is replied to.
As you can see, there are a lot of different commenting plugins that you can use with your WordPress website. Some of our favourite are listed above, but as always, do your own research.